Announcing RFP for Round VII Grants
Beginning June 1, California Black Freedom Fund (CBFF) is thrilled to release the RFP for our seventh round of funding. CBFF’s approach is to provide multi-year, operational grants to increase Black-led organizations’(BLOs) access to the practical resources and tools needed to continue driving transformative, multi-sector, policy change. This RFP will be focused on general operating support grants to organizations addressing the multiple and intersecting harms of systemic racism, police violence and racial inequities faced by California’s Black communities.
In service of CBFF’s goal to provide multi-year, operational support; and to build a strengthened ecosystem of diverse, Black-led power building organizations working at local, regional and state levels, priority will also be given to:
- Organizations that align with CBFF’s selection criteria and the focus of this RFP
- Renewal grants to previous grantees
- Grants to organizations that have a connection to one of CBFF’s three primary networks: (California Black Power Network, Black Equity Collective, and LIVE FREE CA)
- Grants to organizations serving under-resourced populations, regions, and/or issue areas in California (examples may include, but are not limited to):
- a) Populations – Black people on the margins (e.g., trans communities, unhoused communities, immigrants, formerly incarcerated communities, criminal legal system involved communities, unemployed communities)
- b) Regions – Black people are geographically or politically isolated (e.g., historic Black communities, growing Black communities, rural Black communities)
- c) Issue Areas – BLOs are marginalized in this movement building space (e.g., immigration, environment/climate issues, property justice, youth justice)
The deadline to apply is June 23, 2023.
For more information, we invite you to join our virtual info session on June 6 from 3-4 PM PT.