Now hiring CBFF Project Manager
ABOUT THE CALIFRONIA BLACK FREEDOM FUND
A state-wide initiative, the California Black Freedom Fund (CBFF) is a five-year, $100 million initiative to build and sustain the power of Black-led organizations, coalitions, and networks.
This Fund was established and continues to be overseen by a unique partnership between funders and community leaders who will continue the spirit of partnership and co-design with Black leaders to develop a new way of philanthropic and community collaboration. Resources will be both pooled and aligned to support movement-building for the kind of deep, social and structural changes that can only be achieved by investing in the infrastructures of Black-based organizations committed to sustained movement-building. Learn more at cablackfreedomfund.org.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
This is a full-time, regular, exempt position.
This position can be located remotely within California.
Reporting to the Executive Director of the California Black Freedom Fund, the Project Manager works across CBFF and other partner organizations on community-focused, social impact projects to ensure strategic implementation, communication, continuity and accountability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic Project Management:
- Lead projects and teams focused on communities across the state of California and social impact. This includes managing project budgets, internal/external relationships, implementation plans, fund development, events and tracking outcomes.
- Mange administrative and logistical planning, such as complex calendaring, partner convenings and other event planning.
- Facilitate a collaborative process of developing and maintaining project timelines, deliverables, and work plans; initiate, track and coordinate multiple strands of activity to ensure that projects and deliverables are progressing according to plan and in a timely manner, individually and in coordination with each other.
- Assist and guide collaborators through planning activities, beginning with discovery through delivery designed to support key projects and strategic goals. Contribute to the development and use of tools, processes, and resources to ensure the accurate, timely, and cost-effective execution of work plans. Manage resources assigned to projects to ensure success.
- Develop project plans, dashboards and reports to facilitate communication.
- Become well-informed about and conversant in the tasks, key milestones and workflow issues of the multiple projects assigned. Proactively identify emerging challenges or barriers in reaching key milestones and deliverables and initiate appropriate action to redress challenges. Determine the best way to respond flexibly to urgent needs and high-impact opportunities and special projects.
Strategy, Learning & Communication:
- Ensure research and data evaluation is communicated and applied both internally and externally to achieve better community outcomes.
- Partner with CBFF partners and evaluation staff/consultants to help project manage outcome measurements and deliverables.
- Work with internal departments and external stakeholders to ensure the foundation’s community and social impact work is communicated in a strategic, compelling and consistent manner.
- Provide updates, reports, and other communications to partners.
- Design and execute complex meetings and convenings.
- Other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Deep passion for social justice and equity for Black communities; commitment to systemic change and anti-racist work.
- Proven ability and success in advancing equity, supporting systems-change and capacity-building with BIPOC communities and BIPOC-led organizations.
- Substantive knowledge of the CBFF’s issue areas of work and its local community and geographic nuances throughout California.
- Experience in contributing to the growth of an organization by supporting new partnerships.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in consulting, project management, working on complex, multi-dimensional projects.
- Ability to think strategically at the process level, while keeping the big picture in mind.
- Willingness to initiate and support tasks at all levels of the organization when necessary
- Attention to detail, ability to set, meet, and enforce deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and high level of comfort communicating one-on-one or in groups of both internal and diverse external constituents.
- Able to work collaboratively in a team setting, while also being able to work independently and self-manage toward goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment and willing to cope and work well with occasional uncertainty and change.
- Proficiency in using technology and the ability to learn new technologies and software quickly.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND INCLUSION
Silicon Valley Community Foundation has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that is representative of our community.
SVCF is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, political affiliation, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
SVCF is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions, of employment, please contact email@example.com. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format and/or using specialized equipment.